Sacramento personal injury lawyer: Being the capital of a busy state, Sacramento has many things to offer to its residents and visitors. Also known as America’s “Farm-to-Fork” capital, means a majority of the area ships or conveys produce across the nation. Highways and streets are usually filled with trucks to deliver the goods.
Additionally, Sacramento is an industrialized city with many different industries ranging from agriculture to healthcare to technology. This also means that many people use cars, buses, motorcycles, to go to work or school, or trucks for transporting goods which could cause traffic jams and accidents.
Generally, collisions happen because of another person, entity, or government’s negligence. If you or your loved one was hurt or has suffered injuries, seek immediate medical attention. Don’t think twice about speaking with the top Sacramento personal injury attorney at Big Ben Lawyers.
We’re here to protect your legal rights and defend you from the insurance company, ensuring that you’ll get fair compensation. Call (916) 860-7800 today and let’s talk about your case. Schedule a FREE consultation. We work on a contingency fee basis.
Why Retain the Top Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer at Big Ben Lawyers?
For most people, hiring or even speaking with a personal injury legal adviser regarding their cases isn’t that much important. It’s because they don’t fully understand the significance of an advocate that could help them. Besides, these victims don’t have the legal experience or resources needed to establish for acquiring maximum compensation for their claims.
Our compassionate and skilled personal injury legal adviser will help you with your case in more ways than one. We have the resources and experience to help establish a strong case against the defendant(s) including:
- Acquiring evidence necessary to prove liability such as pictures or video footage of your injuries, wrecked car, damaged personal property, witness statements, and more
- Make sure that you’re assessed by a reputable medical professional who can completely analyze your injuries and help compute the total anticipated medical expenses
- Collaborate with both financial and economic specialists to appropriately determine all economic and non-economic damages you sustained
- Negotiate with the claims adjusters, including all the parties involved, and secure you the maximum compensation
- Represent you in court when necessary should the insurance company doesn’t want to compensate you accordingly or denies your claim
What are Some of the Most Common Injuries a Victim May Suffer?
A negligent person can inflict harm and injury on other people in different ways. Victims, on the other hand, can suffer different injuries. These include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Dislocated bones
- Critical lacerations or puncture wounds
- Severe burn injuries
- Open head wounds
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Amputation injuries or crush wounds
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Other neck or back injuries
In many incidents, personal injury victims may also sustain considerable scarring or disfigurement because of the crash. Besides, they may also suffer from temporary or permanent disability and suffer the consequences of other people’s negligent behavior for the rest of their lives. Hiring our top Sacramento personal injury legal representative can help make your life “whole” again after a tragic accident.
What Type of Compensation Can You Get from Your Personal Injury Claim?
As an injured victim, you may be eligible to file a claim to obtain compensation for the injuries, damages, and losses you incurred. It includes economic and non-economic damages.
This type of compensation, also called special damages is quantifiable, and easy to calculate the expenses and overheads from your medical bills, hospitalization, doctor visits, prescription drugs, and other expenses related to your medical care. It also includes lost wages, loss of future earnings, and household expenses.
Also known as general damages, non-economic damages are typically hard to quantify because there are no receipts or bills involved. It’s more on the physical and emotional aspects that arise from:
- Physical disability
- Bodily scarring and deformity
- Emotional distress
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
There might not be an exact formula for determining the compensation you must receive, however, it depends on the extent of the injuries you suffered and other factors. In some cases, the jury may put a cap on non-economic damages for a malpractice case, which is limited to $250,000. It’s worth noting that the court will award the victim with the monetary compensation they see applicable.
What Factors Determine the Amount of Compensation You Must Receive?
Calculating the amount that you must receive is typically difficult. Besides, there are several factors that can influence the compensation you may obtain. These are:
- The extent of your injuries
- Whether or not you’re able to work or be able to get back to work
- If there’s scarring or deformity involved
- The amount of pain and suffering you endured because of severe injuries
- Whether the defendant or liable party was egregiously reckless or deliberately harmed you
How Long Should You Wait Before Filing a Claim?
In Sacramento, the statute of limitations for filing an injury claim is two years from the date of your injury’s occurrence. Filing a claim beyond that can lose your right to compensation. Work with our expert personal injury legal adviser to help you in filing a claim. The earlier you file the better.
However, there are some exceptions to the rule and the statute can be delayed or paused due to some factors, such as when the defendant is:
- Out of state
- In jail
- Found to be legally insane
- Minor (below 18 years old)
Get Help from the Top Sacramento Personal Injury Attorney
Big Ben Lawyers understands how you feel as well as your financial situation. If you suffer minor, especially severe injuries from an accident caused by a negligent person, it’s crucial that you reach out to our top Sacramento personal injury legal representative for help.
Our legal advocates are well-equipped and know how to navigate the legal process. We have an interest and background in Medicine as well to help us establish a strong case against the negligent person or people involved in the incident.
Big Ben Lawyers has your back. Contact our office at (916) 860-7800 and book a FREE evaluation of your case. We work on a contingency fee basis.
Big Ben Lawyers
1015 2nd St
Second Floor, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95814