Big Ben Lawyers offers high school students and those who are now enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, or law school scholarships for those students who have a good standing with their respective colleges, universities, and law schools in the USA.
You can read more about those who have won our scholarships in the past on this web page as well as Big Ben social media.
- Applicants must be legal residents in the USA.
- Applicants must be aged 18 and above before the scholarship is disbursed.
- Applicants must provide proof of being enrolled and having a good standing in their respective colleges, universities, med schools, or law schools at the time of scholarship disbursement. The documents that could provide this proof include a letter of verification from the office of the registrar, a letter of acceptance, upcoming semester course registration, etc.
- Applicants not eligible for this scholarship are those who have an immediate member of their family who works at Big Ben Lawyers including any other firm associates who take part in the bringing about the scholarship contest.
Format of entry – please read carefully
Applicants may complete their entries in any of the two (2) formats as follows:
- Microsoft® Word Document with a maximum word limit of 600 words and 2 MB maximum file size. Essay titles, bylines, or citations are not included in the 600-word count. Essays must be typed and double-spaced.
- Video Presentation The video must be no longer than 5 minutes long and no larger than 20 MB in size. You do not include anyone else in the video besides yourself.
The format in which you present your submission (Submission) has no bearing on the contest judges' assessment of your Submission. Please review the criteria for judging your entry prior to starting your essay or video.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate submissions:
- Originality – 40%
- Grammar and style 15%
A panel of Big Ben Lawyers, as well as skilled staff, will judge the submissions. The Submission with the highest combined total score will be ascertained by the judges, and the applicant of such Submission will be declared the winner. In the event of a tie, the Judges will choose the winner based on the Submission with the greatest persuasiveness ranking.
Details that you must include in your submission - please read carefully
The following details must be included by the applicants in their submissions:
- Name in full, address, telephone/mobile number, and email address
- Evidence of being legal residents of the USA e.g., driver’s license, photo ID issued by the state, or any ID issued by the government, passport, receipts of evidence of paying utility bills, or bank and credit card statements. You can black out your personal information in credit card and bank statements e.g., ID numbers, a/c numbers, and financial information.
- Details of the educational institution i.e., name and address be it a college, graduate school, med school, or law school which the applicant is attending currently or is planning to attend.
- If the applicant is a senior in high school who is graduating, the applicant should also include the name and address of the high school in which the applicant is attending at the time of application
Submission – please read carefully
In order to enter, the applicants need to send their Submission and Entry details to [email protected]. Please note that if the applicants send their submissions and entry details to any other physical address or email address, we shall not consider such applications.
The deadline for submission is August 29, 2022. We shall not consider any submissions that we receive past the deadline.
Kindly note that Big Ben Lawyers shall not be receiving any calls and answering questions on Big Ben Lawyers scholarship.
Additional information about the applicants' submissions – please read carefully
- The Submission shall not be changed or edited once it has been submitted.
- Those submissions that do not meet the requirements set out above shall be disregarded and not judged by the others.
- Big Ben Law shall not be held liable for the applicant’s omission to complete each of the registration steps properly and shall not be liable for corrupted or otherwise malfunctioning Submission.
- We are also not liable for Submission and applications not received, lost, belated, illegible, or incomplete whatsoever.
Requirements for submission – please read carefully
- Submissions must be original work of the applicants and not infringe or violate any intellectual property rights of third parties. Further, the submission must be: [A] in English, [B] in either of the 2 specified formats above, and [D] answering the question
- Submissions must not contain any outrageous, vulgar, violent, obnoxious, or somehow improper language; behavior; or slogans
- Big Ben Lawyers retains the right to reject any Submission that it or its representatives deem, in their absolute discretion not in compliance with the rules outlined in this document.
- We shall announce the winners on our web page, FB, and LinkedIn pages
- We shall make checks payable to the college, grad school, med school, or law school of the recipient of the scholarship
- In order for the applicant to be eligible to enter and be awarded the prize for the contest, the applicant must give consent to the use of their personal information including name, age, residence, and name of the school.
- Winners of the contest shall be required to provide their photo for the purposes of making an announcement in the media without any conditions, or any additional compensation, notice, or the requirement of approval either from the winner or any other person.
- For the purposes of tax, the winners may be required to submit their permanent address.
Terms & Conditions
The victor admits using the Scholarship award only for academic purposes: tuition and/or associated costs. Contestant represents and warrants that s/he does have the legal capacity to enter this Contest, that the Submission is unique and has been legally created by the entrant; that it does not infringe any third party's intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights, or any other legal or moral rights; that it has not previously entered or won any contests or awards; and that it has not previously been published or distributed in any media. The submitter also represents and warrants that he or she does own all rights and title to the Submission.
Each applicant acknowledges and affirms that he or she will not be paid or otherwise compensated for his or her submission. The winner will receive only scholarship funds up to the advertised amount.
The Applicants consent to waive and forfeit any liability against Big Ben Law from compensation, expenditures, and liabilities brought by third parties against the applicants as a result of the Submission, or the Applicants’ activities relating to coming up with the Submission or any connection with the contest as well as claims relating to infringements of trademarks, copyrights, and intellectual property.