A slip and fall accident can lead to critical injuries, such as sprains and fractures. More often, the cause of this misfortune is due to incautious maintenance of conditions by the liable party. Being injured from a slip and fall accident can be a monstrous affliction – financial, physical, and emotional.
Hiring skilled slip and fall accident injury lawyers from Big Ben Lawyers can help lighten your burden by protecting your rights. We’re here to provide you with an assertive representation and dynamic service.
California law stipulates that property owners have to wield reasonable care to maintain conditions on their property to prevent probable afflictions to people who come across that property. Laxness to do it can make a property owner responsible for the victim’s injury caused by such hazardous conditions.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a lawful theory that considers a property owner accountable for any damages resulting from an injury to a particular individual or entity’s property. Risky conditions on premises include:
- Damaged/missing stairway railings
- Wet, icy, or slippery surfaces
- Loose/frayed carpeting
- Failure to warn of known hazards
- Broken/unrepaired furniture
- Debris/obstructed walkways
- Uncovered/unsecured cables and cords
- Poorly lit walkways or hallways
- Failure to take immediate action to fix a hazard
Most Common Injuries in a Slip and Fall Accident Injury
A slip and fall accident victim may endure one or more injuries. It includes:
- Shoulder injuries
- Hip fractures
- Fractures, strains, and sprains
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Who Can You Sue After Sustaining Injuries in a Slip and Fall Accident?
You can file a lawsuit for a slip and fall accident against the liable party. You have to prove negligence or legal responsibility. When the property owner, lessee, or individual who supervises a property was aware of or should have known there was a dangerous condition and didn’t fix they would be liable if it resulted in injury or death.
Proving the Property Owner’s Negligence Caused Your Injury
To have a successful premises liability case, you need to prove the property owner’s negligence has caused your injury. You have to look at the following:
- There was a circumstance on the owner’s property that established a risk of harm, which can be either man-made or natural. An example is a wet slippery floor in a grocery store without a warning sign to caution customers.
- The defendant found or should have been conscious of the risky condition.
- The property owner didn’t act or do anything to fix such a dangerous condition
Additionally, you can further strengthen your case with the statements of potential witnesses, pictures, or any video footage.
What is the Value of Your Slip and Accident Fall Injury?
Not every case is the same, and so does the value of their claim. Additionally, there’s no exact formula for calculating the amount of compensation a slip and fall accident injury victim may get. Hiring Big Ben Lawyers’ skilled Los Angeles slip and fall accident injury attorney provides you an edge against those who want to undermine your case.
What consist of your settlement under California law may include:
- Medical bills, including the past and future medical expenses
- Lost earnings, including the previous and upcoming if not for your injury
- Overheads or out-of-pocket expenditures, such as childcare when you require a hospital stay
- Pain and suffering, mental distress, and other non-economic damages
- Wrongful death damages if the slip and fall injury led to the victim’s demise
- Punitive damages (awarded to victims due to the defendant’s unspeakable behavior)
Upcoming medical expenses and lost earnings could be difficult to calculate at the time of the accident while employed or if you need a lifetime medical treatment. For instance, you might need professional medical testimony to assess your future medical expenses.
Pain and suffering, including other non-physical damages, are naturally difficult to quantify. They often contribute and sometimes more than the total of your medical bills.
Why Seek Legal Help from Big Ben Lawyers?
Filing a claim or lawsuit against those who caused you harm and injury are consuming. You need someone dependable to hold your case, maximize your compensation, and produce a successful result. That’s what our skilled slip and fall injury lawyers at Big Ben Lawyers always do.
We investigate, gather the necessary evidence, and identify the liable parties. We also prepare the needed paperwork to support your claim. Moreover, we’ll negotiate with the insurance company and ensure that you get a justifiable compensation. If they didn’t give the compensation you deserve, we’ll take the case to court and serve as your representative.
Schedule a free consultation with Big Ben Lawyers today. Focus on your fast healing and we’ll handle the case for you. Have peace of mind. Call (818) 423-4878. We work on a contingency fee basis.
Big Ben Lawyers
144 N Glendale Ave.
Glendale, CA 91206