Each day, more people use rideshare services to work or elsewhere, even if they own a car. Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft provide commuters with cheap rates. However, when it comes to road safety, ridesharing services are one of the main contributors to road accidents. Liability is more elaborate because they have a different duty of care to others than a typical motorist.
It means these drivers are technically not employed by their respective rideshare companies. They are comparable to contracted employees. The complexness of the accidents is difficult to prosecute. However, no accident case is too difficult for Big Ben Lawyers to handle. We have the best Los Angeles Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in town who can handle your case more efficiently.
Contact our expert ridesharing accident lawyers at Big Ben Lawyers if you or a loved one suffers from a ridesharing accident. We’ll protect your legal rights and maximize your compensation at the same time.
Ridesharing Company’s Policy and Liability Insurance
Rideshare firms aren’t standard companies because of their business models that incorporate diverse businesses. That’s why it’s difficult to distinguish liability when a crash happens.
- They classify their drivers as “independent contractors” and not employees. Rideshare companies want to stave off liability for any injuries or damages sustained in an accident. But, the commercial liability insurance covers passengers with a compensation of up to $1 million.
- Ridesharing companies describe themselves as technology provider. They don’t consider themselves a transportation company or a car service either. This enables them to divert the blame to their drivers. Accident victims, in turn, will have difficulty recovering damages from the ridesharing companies themselves.
- California law establishes insurance coverage provisions for all Transportation Network Companies (TNCs), including Lyft and Uber. The ridesharing companies now offer $50,000/$100,000/$25,000 of possible coverage between trips.
- Injured bicyclists, other motorists, and pedestrians are likewise entitled to significant compensation. Those who aren’t passengers can still recover damages from the driver’s insurance policy on top of the ridesharing company’s excess policy.
Generally, ridesharing companies are difficult to reach by phone, email, or their social media platform. In case such as this, our dependable Los Angeles Uber and Lyft accident lawyers will get hold of these companies for you and deal with them.
Recoverable Damages in Uber and Lyft Accident Claims
Based on the circumstance, Uber and Lyft provide distinct coverage levels in an accident. When the Uber or Lyft driver has the rideshare app on, coverage gets underway. However, when the app isn’t turned on, it means that neither of them offers any coverage.
What will happen is you have to pursue compensation through the driver’s personal auto insurance policy. This is similar to any other car wreck. Should you need any help, Big Ben Lawyers are always here to help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Basically, Uber and Lyft offer the following coverage levels:
- When the driver has his app turned on and accepted a ride, the compensation that a victim may get is up to $1 million
- If the app is on, but the driver hasn’t accepted a ride yet, each victim will receive $50,000 to $100,00 in personal injury coverage
- When the app is on, but no ride has yet been accepted, and an accident occurs resulting in property damage, the coverage can reach up to $30,000
As a victim, the damages you can collect from the rideshare accident include:
- Medical costs
- Lost salaries
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Deformity or lifetime scarring
- Any other damages based on the total severity
Los Angeles Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer: Statute of Limitations
You must note that the statute of limitations for pursuing claims is two years. Speak with the best Los Angeles Uber and Lyft accident lawyer to ensure you have legal representation.
Why the Best Los Angeles Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer is Important in Your Case?
Not all cases are the same, and proving yours can be difficult. Besides, getting compensation is not as easy as most victims think. You must know that ridesharing companies are like insurance providers who prioritize their interests rather than help victims. In situations like this, our aggressive and knowledgeable Los Angeles Uber and Lyft accident lawyers at Big Ben Lawyers will make sure that you’ll get a justifiable compensation.
Contact Big Ben Lawyers for a Free Case Evaluation
Big Ben Lawyers has a team of expert Los Angeles Uber and Lyft accident lawyers who can make a successful case. We live our commitment to ensure to defend our clients and protect their rights against those who caused them harm and injury. You can count on us to do the same thing for you.
We work on a contingency fee basis. Contact us today at (818) 423-4878, and let’s talk about your case. We’ll be glad to hear from you.
Big Ben Lawyers
144 N Glendale Ave.
Glendale, CA 91206